Thursday, October 31, 2013

31 days: October 31

Well, here it is. The last day of this month long project to document moments noticed each day.  It's been a fast month for sure.  I've really enjoyed getting back into the habit of using my words, and making time to reflect on my day so that I knew what I wanted to share here.  It's still a wonderment to me that I did this every single day for over five years.  It is a commitment, and one that takes effort.

I'm not sure what form this blog will take at this point.  I'd like to think I could come up with a schedule of posting that would be doable for me so that I don't let it go by the wayside again for too long. I've appreciated all those who have read each day and left comments of encouragement and validation. It matters.

On our lovely weekend away this past weekend, I reflected on how important it is to do things that feed your spirit.  Writing is one of those things for me I think.  Taking the time to compose something feeds a creative side of me that can lie dormant for too long if I don't.  Just as I've gotten into the discipline of daily meditation, I would like to find a discipline for writing here as well.

Find things that make you feel alive.  Engage in things that make you smile.  Seek out people and circumstances that challenge you to be a better person.  We only get to do this life once.  Don't slog through it.  Find those moments each day.  Make it count.

Enjoying a swing this past weekend... how can you swing and not smile?


9 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I thoroughly enjoyed your posts this past month. I am always amazed at how well you can express yourself. It is an inspiration to me to look, see, feel. What ever you do you know you have a gift... Thanks for sharing.

Ginger said...

I've loved reading your thoughts, Jayne! Thanks for doing this 31 days; I know your life is a busy one. I agree that writing feeds the soul. I will look forward to whatever you post here. My blog reader is ON! :-)

Beth Stoddard said...

Great encouragement, friend. Your words have been beautiful and inspirational and life-giving and convicting and interesting and REAL.

Don't stop!

The Bug said...

I have thoroughly enjoyed this journey through October (and grace)!

warriormom said...

I may not always comment, but I have so enjoyed this month with you. I know life is so busy and it is such a commitment, but I hope you find a way to write that works for you.

Lickty Split said...

I enjoyed a swing this past weekend and at 50 it still makes me smile - you are so right, my husband was smiling right back at me what a joy to see. After a few long months of fighting cancer - it was nice to smile again and know that for now, they say I am cured.

Jayne said...

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I really will try to keep my presence here in some form or fashion. Love to you all.

altar ego said...

Your commitment to this inspires me to consider doing something similar. I don't know what shape it will take, but I miss the internal "walk" that happens whenever I write--the reflecting that leads to a thought that leads to questions that lead to more reflection. Sometimes I end up back where I started, but sometimes not. Anyway, your moments through the months have been wonderful ways to be in touch with you. And even though I am not the consistent blog reader I was, it has been a treat. Thank you.

LauraHinNJ said...

I hope you'll continue with regular posting, Jayne. I;ve enjoyed each post, tho I haven't often commented. You were a much better blogger and cheerleader than me. Thank you!