Saturday, November 02, 2013

Thoughts on Saturday

I slept in late today.  Yep, didn't crawl out of my warm bed until 7:20am.  And, it felt delicious.  It's Saturday. A day to unwind, relax, and reflect on the week.  I headed into the kitchen to find husband on his iPad with coffee in hand.  I went into the laundry room, sorted clothes, and started my first of four loads today.  Then, heading back into the kitchen, I started making biscuits for my boys.  A Saturday morning routine now.  Biscuits in the oven, I made me a cup of coffee and sat down with the paper.  Turned on some light jazz and soaked in the happiness of the day. Opening the blinds in the kitchen revealed the photo to the left.  The tree line is ablaze with the colors of fall, and I had to get up to capture it on my iPad.  Living in the moment.  That's what October was about.  Learning to stop and appreciate those moments in the day that get your attention.  Maybe I've adopted that discipline more than I realized.

The past month has been one of transition for me.  Transition is hard, and learning to live with what is in your head and heart that may be a complete change from how you've always done your life can be even harder.  I think I am finally getting Brene Brown's premise that with vulnerability comes great growth and a sense of authenticity.  There have been times that I felt sheer and utter fear and unsettledness.  So much so that I almost felt impending doom.  But, I worked through that and can say that today I feel such peace and contentment, the likes of which I've not felt in a long while.  I am a work in progress, no doubt, but just knowing I can walk this new path with the knowledge that I am headed in the right direction has been so amazing.

So today, take some deep breaths, look at the scenery around you, count your many blessings, know that you are enough (you always were), and that life is yours to inhale.  Choose to be joyful, choose to be amazed, and choose to walk in peace.

5 comments:

troutbirder said...

There is a beautiful glow in the post photo here and in the last thirty one days as well. I like it a lot. Your post of Oct. 7 touched me a lot. I coulda and shoulda written something like then but then I didn't have the courage...:(

Jayne said...

My dear friend, thank you for your words. I do feel the change, deep within, and I feel it will be life altering for me and how I practice my faith. If you'd like, email me privately and I'll share details. XO

Ontario Wanderer said...

Your fall colours are wonderful. I discovered, a couple of days ago when it rained all day, that walking in the rain too has beautiful moments as the decaying goldenrods had a wonderful colour that I could not quite imagine how to mix in paint. There is much to enjoy if one takes the time and looks, smells, touches, tastes, and listens to the world.

The Bug said...

I'm envious of your peace. I'm at a place in my life where I probably won't have access to that kind of peace for a while. I need to get my "yes" gene surgically removed first :)

warriormom said...

It does seem to come down to choosing. I'm trying to choose joy and leave negativity behind...and it is a moment by moment conscious choice. Love your photo of fall color!