Saturday, December 14, 2013

Celebrity Sam


Since I don't connect with many of you on Facebook, I wanted to do an update to share what's been going on with Sam.  Back in July, my mom took him to Barnes and Noble.  While there, she talked with the Community Relations Manager about what a good storyteller Sam is and asked if there might be an opportunity for him to read there.  He'd been getting better and better since he'd been reading at the weekly Storytime at our local library since the summer.  Well, we went for the first time in September to read Curious George, and have been back monthly since.  Sam is really in his element when he is in the middle of a story, and captivates both children and adults alike.

On Thursday, our local paper ran an article about Sam and his reading.  I thought that the header, "Finding his voice," was simply perfect.  It's created a good bit of buzz and will hopefully lead to someone seeing this as a career path for Sam with their organization.  On December 6th, he read The Polar Express, and as you can see, from these photos, it was enjoyed by all.  I am so very proud of my sweet boy, and so hope he can do this for a long time to come.

(I've copied/pasted the article in the post above this one as the link I initially posted required that you register for the newspaper's web page before viewing.)



5 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Fabulous. Go Sam....

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

I think this is fantastic. Sam looks so happy doing this.

warriormom said...

Jayne, that is so terrific! I love the article title!!

Laurie said...

Jayne this is so amazing. The article is brilliant. One person that wasn't mentioned in credits to how far he's come is you. You've been there for him since day one, and as his Mom you have really opened up the world to him, congratulations to you both!

The Bug said...

We love Sam :)